President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of a new Board and Management team of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), inclusive of the following Board and Management team members:
Mr. Chiedu Ebie – Chairman – Delta; Dr. Samuel Ogbuku – Managing Director / CEO – Bayelsa; Mr. Boma Iyaye – Executive Director (Finance and Admin) – Rivers; and Mr. Victor Antai – Executive Director (Projects) – Akwa-Ibom.
Others are Ifedayo Abegunde – Executive Director (Corporate Services) – Ondo; Sen. Dimaro Denyanbofa – State Representative – Bayelsa;
Mr. Abasi Ndikan Nkono – State Representative – Akwa Ibom; and Rt. Hon. Monday Igbuya – State Representative – Delta.
Also, Chief Tony Okocha – State Representative – Rivers; Hon Patrick Aisowieren – State Representative – Edo; Mr. Kyrian Uchegbu – State Representative – Imo; Victor Kolade Akinjo – State Representative – Ondo; Chief Dimgba Eruba – State Representative – Abia; and Mr. Asu Oku Okang – State Representative – Cross River.
Others are Hon. Nick Wende – Zonal Representative – North Central; Hon. Namdas Abdulrazak – Zonal Representative – North East; and Sen. Dr. Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir – Zonal Representative – North West.
The President expects that the new Board and Management team will ensure a new era of successful administration in the NDDC, in line with his Renewed Hope agenda.
All of the above listed appointments take immediate effect.
Chiedu Ebie is a 52-year-old lawyer, oil and gas executive, entrepreneur and public servant. He served as the former Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education in Delta State.
- He attended the University of Benin and the Nigerian Law School. He thereafter practiced law as a corporate and commercial lawyer in Lagos.
- Ebie worked briefly in the legal department of Broad Bank of Nigeria and as company secretary of the holding company for one of the country’s major newspapers.
- He went ahead to become a partner at the law firms Okonjo, Odiawa & Ebie, and Punuka Attorneys & Solicitors.
- While at these firms, he also served as a part-time managing director for Millennium Oil and Gas Company Limited, eventually transitioning to a full-time role. Subsequently, he took on the position of managing director and chief executive officer of Millennium Oil and Gas.
- As part of his new role in the oil and gas industry, he oversaw a Nigerian indigenous hydrocarbon exploration and production company, which maintains offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
- Ebie has been extensively involved in the development of this asset, with plans for commercial production from the Oza asset commencing in Q1 2015.