Do you know that with a valid passport, you can visit numerous countries around the world? Well, now you know. For some of these countries, it’s not required of you to have a Visa. At the same time, some of them offer Visa on Arrival.
The new e-passport of 64 pages helps people who travel regularly, it is gender-friendly, forestalls identity theft, and it’s cheaper for the low-income earners and the aged. Also, it conforms to international best practices. Cost of the new passport for below 18 years and above 60 years is N8,750. Changing name as a result of divorce or marriage is also N8,750.
The existing e-passport has just 32 pages; the new one contains 64 pages — but the new one is strictly for frequent travelers. You also have to know that there is a stipulated length of time for which you can remain in these countries without a visa, when this time elapses, you will be required to obtain a visa. Please feel free to keep your friends in the know of this; they’ll find it useful.
Without further words, let’s move into outlining the 5 Best Countries to Visit with Nigerian Passport in 2019.
- Chad: Nigerians can pay a visit to Chad without bothering about purchasing a Visa: it’s completely free. It’s this way because Chad is one of those countries which Nigerian passport holders can visit without Visa. Chad is situated in the Central African region, it is easily the base and home of a wide variety of wild animals. You can also visit a park called Zakouma National Park. In this park, you would be able to find about 44 species of large animals and many species of birds.
If you’re someone who loves historical artifacts, it would surely be of interest to you that the region is full of amazing sandstone formations — graceful fingers of rock and also hundreds and hundreds of natural arches.
- Djibouti: Djibouti has a border by Eritrea in the north, Ethiopia in the south and west and Somalia in the south-east. Djibouti is a small African country which has a population of about five hundred thousand (500,000) people. Nigerians have the privilege to travel to Djibouti without paying a single dime for a Visa — this is because Djibouti has been enlisted as one of those visa-free countries for Nigerians.
The country has some beautiful sights. The Lac Assal (Lake Assal) which doubles as both the impressive scenery and the second-lowest point on earth. You could also paddle for hours in a kayak or go scuba diving across the terrain of the country.
- Dominica: Dominica gives Nigerians a visa-free entry for 21 days. This country itself is a mountainous Caribbean island with lakes, waterfalls, rivers, steamy hot springs, tropical rainforests, and gorges. The rugged coastline accommodates rocky black-sand beaches and rustic shoreline villages, which tend to be quite good for diving spots or snorkeling. The currency used in Dominica is East Caribbean Dollars (XCD), while the official language used is English.
It won’t be false if someone tags Dominica as a must-see destination for tourists, lovers, adventurers, and anyone seeking for a remarkable vacation.
- Fiji Island: The Fiji Island is located at the South Pacific Ocean. The Republic of Fiji consists of 333 islands and about 800,000 people. The capital of this island is Suva, and English is one of the official languages spoken in the Republic of Fiji. The Oceania country, according to people, has one of the most developed and stable economies in the Pacific.
As a Nigerian passport holder, you have the freedom to stay in the Republic of Fiji for about four months without a Visa — but for the period of your stay, you’d be asked to provide a visitor’s permit. You can renew the permit after the visa-free period.
- The Gambia: The Gambia is regarded as the smallest country in Africa. The country occupies the length of the Gambia River valley and also its surrounding hills. Nigerians are likely to enter The Gambia visa-free for up to 90 days. In this country, you can find different tourist ideas. You could visit the beautiful Sanyang Beach or the Kachikally Crocodile pool. Taking trips to different parts of the country is an interesting and exciting activity.
Thinking of traveling soon? Check out Travelstart for cheap flight bookings to the destination of your choice.