The suspended Abuja-Kaduna train Service operated by the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), is to resume on Monday, December 5.
The Service was suspended in March this year following the hijack and bombimg of the train by terrorists in a remote area in Kaduna state.
Hundreds of passengers on board were kidnapped, while some were killed before security agencies could arrive the scene of the crime.
After about 7 months, all the kidnapped passengers were finally released, with reports that some paid ransoms.
According to the NRC, “the servIce will commence with two return services as follows:
- Idu Station (Abuja) – Rigassa Station (Kaduna) – 9.4SHRS(DEP)- 11 53HPS
- Kubwa Station(Abuja) – Rigassa Station (Kaduna)-10.06HRS (DEP)-11 53
- Idu Station (Abuja)- Rigassa Station(Kaduna) 15.30HRS (DEP)-17 33H9
- Kubwa Station (Abuja)-Rigassa Station (Kaduna) – 15.50HRS (DEP)
KADUNA ABUJA (DEP/ARR)
- Rigassa Station (Kaduna)-Kubwa Station (Abj)-8.00HRS(DEP)-9.57HRS (ARR
- Rugassa Station (Kaduna) ldu Station (Abj) 3.00HRS (DEP) 10.17iRSARR
- Rigassà Station (Kaduna)-Kubwa Station (Abj) 14 0OHRS(DEP
- Rigassa Station (Kaduna)-Idu Station(Abj)-14.00HRS(Dep) 16.07HRS (ARR).
The Corporation stated that “the commuting public are hereby advised that, as part ot the new security
measures on the Abuja-Kaduna service, it is now mandatory to present the following documents before being allowed to board the train.
“1. National identification number (NIN) for every adult boarding the train.
- Valid boarding ticket. No access will be allowed into the departure or arrival hall without a valid ticket.
- Purchase of ticket by proxy is only limited to minors and specified number of
adult passengers. All individual adult travelers must submit their NIN before ticket can be issued.
“Please Note: online and mobile app ticket purchases will be available from 8:00am on Sunday 4th December, 2022. Ticket offices at the stations will be open from
06.30am on Monday 5th December, 2022.
“The Management of Nigerian Railway Corporation hereby solicit the co-operation
of our esteem passengers in ensuring our service remains safe and secure. Any inconvenience to the traveling public is regretted”.