The Federal Government has appointed Kabir Yusuf Mohammed as the new Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN). He replaces Captain Rabiu Yadudu who took over stewardship of the authority on May 20, 2019.
- Mohammed was the Regional General Manager, North Central, Airport Manager Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and was appointed as the Chairman, Aviation Roadmap Implementation Committee in January 2022 by the Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika.
- Mohammed has worked in various public and private organisations such as The Presidency, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (1992 -1994) – General Services Office and Ecological Fund Office.
He was at the State House, Office of the Head of State, Commander-in-Chief (Principal Secretary’s Office 1994 – 1998).
- Special/Personal Assistant to the Minister of Environment (1999); Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development 2000; Chairman, National Fertilizer Company of Nigeria, Port-Harcourt (2001); Chairman, Frenchies Limited (2002); Chairman, A & Hatman Limited; Admin Manager, Interlinks Insurance, Abuja; Managing Director of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria 2006 – 2007). Also, Head of SERVICOM, MAKIA, FAAN, Kano (2008 – 2009). Chief Liaison Officer, FAAN Liaison Office, Abuja (2009 – 2014).
- Chief of Staff to the Managing Director /CEO FAAN Headquarters, Lagos (2014 – 2017).
- Director, Lagos Operations, Standards Organisation of Nigeria (2017 – 2020). General Manager-Special Duties (2020 – 2022).
- Has undertaken international Civil Aviation Organization /Airport Council International (ICAO/ACI) Courses on Air Transport System (Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies, Abu Dhabi); Airport Operations Safety and Security; Airport Commercial and Financial Management and Airport Planning, Development and Environmental Management.
7.Has also taken courses in Airport Safety Management System Implementation at GMR Aviation Academy India. Attended the Airport Environment Management Course at GCAS Abu Dhabi, UAE in fulfilment of the requirement for the attainment of certification as an International Airport Professional.
- Is an alumnus of the International Visitors Leadership Program of the United States Government in 2007 (Transparency and Good Governance), and has a diploma in Airport Executive Leadership ACI/Concordia University.
- Has a Certificate on Integrated Safety Management System from Singapore Aviation Academy. He has a Management Certificate in Civil Aviation from ICAO/Concordia University comprising of Certificate in Strategic Management, Certificate in Human Resources and Certificate in Business Strategy.
- Has certificate in Runway Safety Management (ACI); Certificate in Airport Business Operations (ACI). Other certificates include Airport User Charges, ACI, Panama. Human Resources Management, IATA Singapore. Procurement and Financial Management, PSIN Abuja. Global Trends and their impact on air transport, ACI/ICAO Montreal
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.