Nigeria has the fastest growing economy, and the largest population in Africa, its increase in population has increased the number of cars and other vehicles in the country with a ratio of one car to twelve people. It is ranked the number one car buyer in Africa.
The FRSC was established in 1988, and since its establishment, there has been about a fifty-four percent (54%) reduction in road accidents. Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) is one of the approved agencies by the federal government of Nigeria responsible for road safety management and administration. Its essential function is to ensure the road is safe for road users and vehicles worthy of use.
The only sector where job security is fully guaranteed is the federal sector. Federal government jobs are secured and come with other benefits such as pensions and health insurance. The role of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) is vital on Nigerian roads and cannot be overemphasized. Just like other federal jobs, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) also recruits artisans, merchants, and graduates from various fields into its agency annually.
Like other agencies or organizations, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has its own criteria and requirements for recruitment.
Find below the top ten things you should know about Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) recruitment.
- Recruitment application forms can be assessed on the official website or picked up at FRSC’s physical office.
- The application form is free and requires no payment.
- Applicants must be between 20-35 years of age to apply with a birth certificate as proof.
- Applicants must present a school or professional certificate (minimum of SSCE).
- Applicants must be Nigerian and provide a valid means of identification as proof (birth certificate, national ID card, voter’s card, driver’s license).
- Applicants must be healthy (physically, mentally, and psychologically) to apply and provide medical examination results as proof of paramilitary activities.
- An average height of 1.68m for males and 1.63m for females is required.
- Applicants must be single at the time of application.
- Good knowledge and use of the computer is an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess good character and composure.
Recruitment for 2022/2023 has officially commenced as of August 2022.